I was tagged by DisappearingJohn
Here are the rules: Each player starts with eight random facts/habits about themselves. Write a post about your own random things. Post these rules. At the end of your blog, tag 8 people and post their names. Don’t forget to leave them a comment and tell them they’re tagged.
Oh gosh… I hardly know where to begin! I feel like there’s so many, but not that many that you all don’t already know!
- I’ve read Ebola by William T. Close 8 times. No, that’s not a misprint. One day maybe even as long ago as junior high? I picked up at a bookstore. I really liked it, I was fascinated. From there I went on a whole string of books about public health and disease, but that was the first. I ended up majoring in Biology in college but I applied to be a microbiology major at one university as well. Micro is still one of my favorite subjects. I think it’s such an important subject, it always seems to be coming in handy.
- (Since I was just talking about this with my husband this morning) I’m a spatial relations all-star. That wasn’t a joke? You know it IQ tests and aptitude tests when they ask you which shape comes next? Or if you folded something how it would look? Or “arrange these to match the pattern?” Yeah those… The first time that came in handy was we had a picture making contest in 6th grade with tangrams. I beat everyone, every time, hands down, sometimes with minutes to spare. In junior high I had to take an IQ test and they had me arrange red and white blocks to match the pattern on the card… The test giver told me she had never seen anyone able to do them so fast. Anytime something like that’s on a test I score in the 99th percentile…. I so should have been an engineer
- I have an EXTREME addiction to the everything bagels in our hospital gift shop. I haven’t had one in almost two weeks and this is HUGE. I’m working very hard to break my addiction. Every time I walk in there to get coffee I have to tear myself away from the everything bagels… I’ve tried them at other places, but none are this good. Oh goodness, I’m starting to drool just thinking about them…
- I have no vegetarian leanings but I will not eat seafood, and by seafood I mean anything that comes out of the water. (Except canned Tuna, I know, that’s the worst one right?) My parents claim I used to like it, I don’t recall having any traumatic fish experiences but the thought of eating seafood just totally grosses me out.
- I don’t like talking on the phone. I’m not very good with the whole phone thing. I regularly call my parents and husband, but almost never anyone else. I’m extremely good at staying in touch, but only with those people who are willing to use email, facebook, or myspace to keep in touch.
- I’ve always wanted to see a tornado. From a respectful (read: safe) distance of course.
- I look into my shoes before I put them on. This stems from a story I may have told involving my foot sharing my tennis shoe with a nauseatingly large furry spider.
- I had a goiter when I was in 4th grade. My mom is hypothyroid and noticed my goiter, I was diagnosed with Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis then (So not a big deal, don’t worry… And the goiter’s gone, thanks) I’ve been taking medicine now for more than 10 years. Since then nearly every female in my family has been diagnosed as hypothyroid… I’m quite the trail blazer, go get your thyroid tested, it’s the trendy thing to do ;)… Just last week when I was complaining of being cold Hubbin accused me of having a metabolic disorder, and I thought it was quite amusing to be able to respond “In fact, I do, now turn the heat up”
Ok! Sweet! Now for the tagging part. I hope I can come up with 8!….. I’m tagging:
The Owens Family
Learning to Catch Babies
Shoot, I don’t think I have anymore! I clearly need to quit lurking so much!